Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wheelchair NOT = Deaf

In Kay's last IEP meeting, I told her teachers that there was nothing wrong with her hearing. They asked me why I said this. I explained that a lot of people speak slowly and loudly to Kay for some reason. I guess they think since she is in a wheelchair, her hearing is affected. Everyone got a chuckle from this. Directly after the meeting, we all meandered into the school office where someone introduced Kay to one of the ladies who works there. Immediately, she started to speak slowly and loudly at Kay. Everyone bursted out laughing. But no one had the guts to tell her why we were all laughing (:

1 comment:

  1. HA HA! I had the same thing with Colin at school! Especially when he was in Elementary school. Colin and I would make jokes about it and laugh. It became one of our inside jokes.

    ReplyDelete