Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blow torches and Laser Pointers

What do these two things have in common? Well, I have to take a blow torch to Kay's braces tonight to try and fix them so they are more comfortable for her. She's getting a hot spot on her ankle and instep of her left foot. I spent 2 1/2 hours at UNC last week where the PT worked on them, but no luck. Unfortunately, you don't know until the next day if you fixed them or made them worse. This time it made them worse. Soooo, instead of making an appointment that sucks at least 2 hours from our lives, I'm going to try and DIY. And I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Now, as for the laser pointer. I recently read a fellow blogger that has CP who uses a laser pointer with an alphabet board for communicating. Kay has a Pathfinder, which is a great product, but it takes her so long to put together a sentence that it's hard for her to be an active part of a conversation. I'm going to try and combine the laser pointer and the overlay from her Pathfinder and see if she is any faster. Eva, the blogger, says that since it involves the person you are talking to (I guess they hold the board and confirm your selections) that it's more personal. I'll let you know how it works out.

Regarding my "projects" The boat seat cushion is complete. Sewing in 3D is always a challenge for me. I reused the green piping that decorates the seat. I think it came out pretty good. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment